Thursday 12 July 2012

one year

Everybody says it seems like forever and no time since you were here. And they’re right; I can still remember how it felt to hold you, still remember the easy smile that you didn’t like. I remember those Spanish-by-way-of-South Derry eyes; laughing and alive. But it seems like an eternity since I last talked to you. And it seems longer since we laughed together. A longer eternity: a wet weekend in Belfast. I no longer live with you; I live with your stuff. But my love for you still lives within me and you still live within me. It’s not enough; it’s not nearly enough, just the faintest echo of you, the tiniest spark of your brilliance. But it is something. Something I can carry within me for the rest of my life, a little pilot light, guiding me

No comments:

Post a Comment