Monday 7 February 2011

Here comes the science party

When did businesses start issuing "challenges" to the public? "Will you accept the "bacon and star-anais pepsi-dux challenge"?" "Can I surprise you in a public toilet with an exposed razor blade?"

One company is asking women, or potentially Robert Plant, to film themselves "swishing" their hair and to then download it to their web-site as a "challenge".

What they are really saying is "please try our new product"; which is what proper advertising is supposed to do but with a bit of style and money actually earned. I don't want to be challenged by my groceries - I'm only interested in whether I can afford it, whether it smells nice and whether it has an active ingredient; a liposone, or a nanosphere or some L. casei immunitas. Now that's advertising: I didn't even have to spell-check L. casei immunitas.




* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Being Human" has just informed me that people no longer say "fancy". Is this true? Really? Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment